We hope you’re enjoying your summer break!!!
To help you get ready for the coming school year here are some answers to most common questions we get over the break!
1. “Help! I missed the opportunity to buy school supplies! What now?!?!” Don’t worry! Just because you can’t buy them through the previous link you can still buy them on your own. The link to the school supplies list can be found on the school website under academics
Click here for Center Street School’s website
2. “I don’t want to miss out on any back to school activities. When are they happening???”
- ** If you are incoming Kindergarten parent, join the FaceBook Page that is for new Kinder kids and their parents. email email@example.com if you would like an invite to this page.
- ** All students are invited to the Party on the Playground happening on August 27th (Tuesday) on the K/1st playground from 3:00-5:00 PM. Bring a snack and picnic blanket and come see your friends. It’s a great chance to see who else is going to be in your classroom. Questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ** PTA Back to School Coffee (CSS Quad) on the 1st day of School, August 28th from 8:20-10:30 AM. Come see what PTA is all about that morning (yes, there will be coffee and snacks!)
- ** 1st PTA Meeting, Wednesday, September 18th from 6:30-8:30 PM in the School Library (free childcare, but please sign up for this at email@example.com)
3. “How can I buy spiritwear and other swag so that everyone will know that my child goes to Center Street?”
Don’t panic! We will be having our online spiritwear sales starting on August 19th and going for 30 days. Or you can come on the first day of school and we will have a limited stock of items for purchase at the Back to School Coffee. Additional Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep an eye out for my President’s Letter in the Registration Email coming from district. If you can’t wait that long, here it is!
Greetings from your incoming PTA President, Shalee Tan. I’ve been a parent at Center Street School for six years now, and I am honored to serve our school in this role for the 2019-2020 academic year.
If you’re new to our school, let me tell you how lucky you are to be part of an amazing community of caring parents, teachers, staff and students. If you’ve been with us already, you know that our PTA brings together volunteer energy and effort to create special experiences like family education nights, playground equipment, field trips, assemblies, family bonding events, and community celebrations like the long-standing Ice Cream Social. That’s on top of all the support we give to on-going classroom and campus programs including the Cougar Run, Grades of Green and Character Counts…and of course there’s all the supplies for PE, reading, music, art, technology and STEM instruction that we fundraise to purchase.
PTA is a dynamic group that provides a lot of great experiences and equipment for our school, but we also provide many opportunities for parents to participate in these important developmental years together. Volunteering at Center Street School has created many heart-warming memories for my family, and I’ve made wonderful friendships with other parents as a bonus. No matter how little or how much time you can spend on campus, PTA offers many ways for you to be an involved part of our community.
In fact, you can start being involved today with a simple $10 PTA membership by following this link to join online right now at our PTA Store. You can get connected with us via our Facebook page at CSS PTA Facebook. This donation will also get you many cool discounts to local vendors and other fun attractions. To meet other parents and to learn more about PTA in person, please come to our meetings that typically take place on the 3rd Wednesday of every month, alternating between evening and daytime timeframes. Our first meeting of the year will be on September 18, 2018 at 6:30PM in the school library (and we have free childcare). If you can’t wait that long, please join us at our Back to School Coffee on the first day of school, August 28th from 8:20-9:30 AM in the quad to find out more about the various opportunities within the PTA, or come celebrate the start of the year at the Party on the Playground (on the K/1 playground) on August 27th from 3:00-5:00 PM.
I look forward to serving you and our children this year. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me an email via email@example.com at any time.
Wishing you a wonderful wrap up of summer break, and looking forward to seeing you on campus soon!