- Organizes class parties (typically 4 of the following: Halloween, Winter Holiday, Valentines, Easter/Spring, End of the Year)
- Usually this involves collecting money (a donation from parents) and working with the teacher to come up with the activities for the party
- Helps coordinate the class for Ice Cream Social (ICS)
- Put together some sort of auction item for the ICS (money or item donations from the class)
- help get volunteers from the class for the day-of
- Collect gift cards for the mystery grab bags for ICS
- Helps with Teacher Appreciation Week (there are coordinators who organize the week)
- Help organize food for a teacher/staff breakfast
- Collect/organize events at the classroom level (flowers, classroom supplies, etc)
- Coordinates a holiday and/or end of year present for the teacher
- You must be a PTA member — Join now
Always here to help answer question is the Classroom Programs Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wondering when your teacher’s birthday is? His/Her favorite color? Does he/she have a favorite treat? Find all that info HERE!
Below is the Room Parent Orientation Presentation….though this is from last year, and not the current school year, this is still a great resource to familiarize yourself with since this year’s Room Parent Luncheon wasn’t able to occur.