Our programs are the heart of the PTA. We volunteer to support the school because we care about our community, we want to advocate for our children, and we want to provide helpful programs for our parents and kids! We fundraise in support of those activities!
The PTA supports Center Street School in many ways. Some of the free on-going programs that PTA provides to our students with parent volunteers are:
- Trash Free Tuesdays (Reduce, Reuse & Recycle)
- Cougars Run (Students run laps during lunch to earn toe tokens)
- Nutrition Docent (Parents talk nutrition and eating habits to 4th and 5th grades)
- Character Counts (Parents discuss character in the classroom)
- Garden Docent (Students have the opportunity to be a part of a gardening project – plant, grow and eat veggies right from the Cougar Patch Garden)
- Safety Patrol (Parents provide for a safe arrival on campus during the morning rush)
- Gals/Pals + S.N.O. (parent/student dances)
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week
Please contact Parent Programs Chair to get involved.